Wednesday, October 22, 2008

New caricatures.

This kept me up all night.
I had an awesome day at the park Sunday. I was hitting on all cylinders.
Before each drawing, I would take a moment, look at the person and say, "What is the statement I want to make here?"
I would stop myself at each stage and make a choice - it is either skinny or fat, round or square, the nose is either high or it's low, the eyes are either close together or they are wide apart, this feature is either small or large. No namby-pamby indecision. I made myself choose one or the other. It made such a HUGE difference. I had so much fun, and the drawings came out ten times better.
I didn't have my camera with me, so I didnt' get any pix. But when I got home I was looking at a photo of a hawk, and suddenly it struck me....
It kinda looks like he ate a lemon. So I kept tweaking it.
Then I stared doing other animals:
...which led to people:
I was having so much fun, that before I knew it, it was 4 am.



Stay tuned for more...

No comments:

Post a Comment